Happiness is a Filet Crochet Book!

Blog Archive

Monday, July 28, 2014

Day of the Dead Yarn Skull Doily or Afghan Block Halloween Filet Chart


If you have a fascination with skulls, here is a free pattern that can be constructed in minimal time as it is made with yarn. Pattern is 24 squares x 24 squares. I used the extended double crochet stitch but the normal doulble crochet can also work. I used a variety of filet stitches, such as the lacet and the double space or bar stitch. To crochet to gauge, I used the extended double crochet stitch. I used Red Heart 4 plyyarn and an H/5.0mm hook. My piece measured 16 inches tall. Depending on the thread or yarn you use, many different projects can be made.



 
 
 
 
 
 






3 comments:

Renee said...

Do you have instructions on how to join them please (:)

Unknown said...

I can't read the written instructions as the picture is blurry

marothe said...

Agree! It isn’t possible to read the written instructions. Too blurry, even when I zoom out. Could you please send me the written instructions?
Thankfully
Manuela